UX & Web
Visuals and Interactions
We started by auditing the current interactions in the campaign editor alongside feedback from in-person user studies. These findings helped us prioritize certain aspects of the redesign over others.
Redesigning our cards started with sketching and wireframes as we built up fidelity. One of the most important goals was to give users more information about the performance of the CTAs in order to empower them to make more informed decisions when selecting a CTA.
The redesigned campaign editor places greater attention on input fields and the options in the toolbars. This new design also allows users to access both the Template and CTA carousels from the top bar. Lastly, our team standardized the placement of the preview and close buttons in a fixed bottom bar.
Initially, the Update Campaign button was always visible which confused users about whether or not there were outstanding changes. To address the difficulties, we modified the language of the button to read ‘Publish Changes’ and altered the functionality of the button to animate into view only when unsaved changes needed to be published. Finally, to help users feel less nervous about their changes being saved, we incorporated success and error notifications to help users understand that their action was validated.
Overall, these changes are an improvement to the experience within the editor by speeding up the decision making process and making the workflow more efficient. By the time these changes were implemented I had moved on from Captora and did not have access to any performance metrics.
Credits: Bryan Sattler, Olia Birulia, Brenden Palmer, & Aditya Majumdar